I want to learn

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Wednesday evening

We went to another impressive Celebration event, this time the launch of Ed's book 'A journey of Hope' telling the story of 25 Years of Asha. We had already seen some of his amazing photos on display at the Habitat Centre the night before. He is a professional photographer - not sure how he can take such vivid colourful shots in the darkness of slum homes. We recognised some of folk in the photos as people we have met and heard their storeies.

We do have a particular fondness for these books. On our way out to Delhi we called in at Kingston, Wrapping stacks of books in Julie's recycled bubble wrap we then tried to force-feed our suitcases with as many as possible to bring them out to India! I managed to get an extra 10 books in my suitcase (Nearly 1 kg each!) and 5 in my backpack. We then had to do lots of re-weighing suitacases to make sure we were still are under the weight limit! It all looked very suspicious as we passed packages between us to even up the weight at the airport. One bonus- I obviously couldn't pack many clothes in my case so I am FORCED to go shopping for more!

But the end result was worth it. The book is a tremendous record of Asha's achievements.  Now we have bought one to take back home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment